This last week I went to have a sleep study test done- something I have put off for the last 7 months BUT now that the snoring is getting worse and I am not sleeping well and I am also keeping Den up I felt I needed to go through with the test. Sooooo, I go the hospital sleep lab and check in by 7:30 pm last Wed. eve. Took my book to read, thought I'd enjoy my own TV control, etc, etc, etc. Anyway, after all of the paper work and a little relaxing time, the tech came in to "hook me up" to all of the wires. There were a lot of wires!!! I could have probably gotten cable TV and they didn't even offer it!!! Anyway, below are some photos of me hooked up. The tech explained that the "cpap" machine (the part that is on my face and in my nose) would only be fitted to me so that IF I needed it during the night then she would just come in and put it on me without waking me up completely! Oh Yea, that happened!! She did come in about 2 am and said I needed the cpap machine because I was having periods where I did not breathe (aka sleep apnea). I asked her if I was snoring and she said yes, and I asked was it loud and she said sometimes! Oh great I thought. Anyway, for the rest of the night I slept with the apnea monitor (aka cpap machine) on. Woke up about 5:30 and she said if I wanted to I could go home. I asked about the rest of the test and she said I did really well after the cpap machine was put on- no more snoring and no more apnea periods. The full results are expected in about a week when I go back to my ENT Doctor and he will let me know the actual results from the sleep test and also tell me what we will need to or should do. I asked Den to go with me cause I know this involves him too- he's the one who has to hear the snoring (except when I fall asleep in the car and my kids are driving and I start snoring then they hear it too!!)
Oh well, all can be taken care of-- I just want to have a GOOD nights sleep and not be causing Denny any sleepless nights due to my snoring!! Will let you know what happens in a week.
By the way - want to see some beautiful grandbaby pictures? Visit "jakeannawyattgarett.blogspot.com" and "keepingupwiththewheelers.blogspot.com". There you will find the most adorable baby pictures ever!!! Their moms and dads aren't bad either!!!
Love Cindi (aka grandma, mom wheeler, goofy, mamaaaaa, papa, etc)
2 comments:
I love the update. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Geez, did you get all tangled up in those wires? Looks like you were going scuba diving! Ha! Love ya!
Jen
Oh mama dukes!!! I hope the visit at the doc goes well. I saw a commercial about CPAP the other day but looked too quickly and thought it read CRAP machine! Hehehe... silly girl! Love you, along with manman, baby, and the tall guy! :)
Post a Comment